Wednesday 30 December 2009

Nice Video, Shame About The Policies?


It has been suggested on Con Home that the Tories might make an anglicised version of this bit of anti-government fun from the US.



I quite like it. But the Tory manifesto is going to have to be quite radical for the message to work exclusively for them. As an anti big government song, it hits the mark, but Dave and his bunch have shown us very little so far to suggest they will be much different, to be honest.

Similarly, unless there is a big surprise in Oliver Letwin's locker, they'd have to scratch the "tell us to behave" line (1:30) entirely. That or boot out James Brokenshire, amongst others, of course.



4 comments:

Oldrightie said...

i keep banging on, destroy Labour and scare the bejeesus out of the others.

banned said...

Perhaps something along Taxing The Air That I breath by The Hollies

"Sometimes all I need is the air that you breathe and to tax you
All I need is the air that you breathe yes to tax you
Just to have you now
All I need is the air that you breathe it's all I want"

Nope, that won't work, Dave wants to do that too.

Neal Asher said...

Carbon tax... When you get right down to it, governments are getting tired of taxing peripherals, they want to get right down to taxing you for simply existing.

Anonymous said...

me and my old mate Jim have a
simple message for Cameron and
other shadow waverers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smlaq1ezQRM

Smoking "Ex" Tory